Get your children into the holiday spirit by having them decorate their own miniature gingerbread houses with IMAS’ fun collection of craft supplies and candy. At the end of the day, the mess will stay at IMAS and you can take home your child’s yummy creation!
IMAS will offer three Gingerbread House Craft Classes on Saturday, December 14, 2012 from 10:00a.m.-11:30p.m., 12:30p.m.-2:00p.m., and 3:00p.m.-4:30p.m. The Gingerbread House Craft Class is $8/IMAS Member and $10/Non-Member. All supplies are included with the class registration fees. Pre-registration is now open and highly recommended due to limited space. For more information or to register, please contact IMAS at (956) 682-0123 or visit the IMAS front desk.
via: IMAS Press Release
BORDER JUSTICE TM
A man among many protecting our borders, Border Patrol Agent - John Gates, on the day of his retirement, during a routine stop of a semi trailer inspection. He discovers the biggest narcotics and firearms seizure in history. Little did he know that his heroic actions would have futile consequences. Inspired by true events.
World Movie Premiere
A man on a mission of no return
Drama, Action, Suspense
At the UT/Pan American
Student Union Theatre
Saturday, November 9, 2013
Doors open at 6:00pm
Movie begins at 7:00 pm.
Come one. Come all. Bring the family.
Henceforth Productions /Hence4th Productions Hence4thproductions@yahoo.com
See the movie trailers on You Tube an behind the scenes on Face Book
via: Hence4th Productions press release
Special events, field trips, seminars, Birders Bazaar trade show, silent auction, raffle, and more top the 20th anniversary celebration of this famous granddaddy of nature festivals, November 6 through 10, at the Harlingen Municipal Auditorium complex,1204 Fair Park Blvd.
Three thousand people are expected to move through the entire five day event with bird enthusiasts from 40 states, three Canadian provinces, Denmark, Sweden, Germany, Netherlands and the United Kingdom.
The following special activities are free fun for everyone:
- November 7 to 10, Birders Bazaar Trade Show, from noon to 6 p.m. on Thursday through Saturday and noon to 5 p.m. on Sunday. Learn about birding hotspots, shop unique vendors, buy native plants to attract birds to your yard, talk with Valley nature experts, and check out local and international birding travel opportunities.
- November 8, Winter Texan Appreciation Day beginning at 10:30 a.m. with a free Get Started Birding! program. A special giveaway including discount coupons and door prize tickets will be given at the door to the program. Visit the Arroyo Colorado Audubon Society booth in the Birder’s Bazaar Trade Show for more birding opportunities. Stay on for trade show shopping and live birds of prey shows.
- November 9 and 10, Kiskadee Korner Kids Activities, noon to 4 p.m. Families with children learn all about birds and nature as close as your backyard with crafts, games and activities.
- November 9, Family Bird Walk from 9 to 11 a.m. The east coast’s Fledging Birders Institute Director Dave Magpiong and First Lady of Birding Liz Gordon from American Birding Association lead the groups and teach basics for birding with walks around the auditorium grounds.
- November 9, Raptor Project Family Auditorium Program, beginning at 11 a.m. Meet an avian movie star. Live hawks, owls, eagles and falcons dominate the show with Master Falconer and wildlife rehabilitator Jonathan Wood.
- November 9, “Harlingen Squares” Birding Quiz Show at 6:15 p.m. So popular, this TV-style game show is back for its fifth season. A multimedia production of birding trivia, friendly competition and audience participation offers laughs and great prizes from Eagle Optics. American Birding Association President Jeffrey A. Gordon hosts the event.
- November 10, Art and Writing Contest Awards Program at 1:30 p.m. Valley-wide students in grades 5 through 12 entered the contest and winners will be recognized at the ceremony. Eagle Optics sponsored prizes will be awarded. Winning entries will be on display.
For the full rundown of the festival activities, visit www.rgvbf.org.
via: rgvbf press release
La Segunda Convencion Anual de Horror y Halloween 2013 tendrá celebridades de los espectáculos más populares del cine y de la televisión. Este evento, atraerá a los fans del terror y de las películas de ciencia ficción y a los iconos populares de Q & A.
Habrá muchos eventos durante los tres días que dura la convención, como por ejemplo: bodas con temas de terror, baile de disfraces el sábado por la noche, conciertos, un gran Concurso de disfraces y mas de 150 expositores con mercancía exclusiva de ropa, joyas, obras de arte, novedades y artículos coleccionables.
Fecha: Viernes 25, Sabado 26 y Domingo 27 de Octubre del 2013
Lugar: McAllen Convention Center
700 Convention Center Blvd.
Para mas información visita la pagina www.southtexashorror.com
IMAS provides fun and creative afternoon activities for the whole family to enjoy. Through hands on learning your family can create beautiful pieces of art. Come out as a family and discover your artistic side.
What: Family Fun Activity - Duct Tape Art
When: Thursday, October 3, 2013
Where: IMAS Discovery Pavilion
Time: 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM
Cost: $2.00 per Child(includes all materials)
For mor details visit:
As we prepare to close out the summer, the Valley Land Fund, Southern Exposures Youth Nature Photo contest is also coming to an end. All submissions must be recieved by July 31st. We wish all of our youngsters luck with their submissions and we hope they have enjoyed learning about photography and nature.
Click the link below for more details:
COURTESY OF MCALLEN PUBLIC INFORMATION OFFICE:
The McAllen Fire Department is turning 100, this year! To mark the occasion, McAllen FD plans to host several community events for the public to attend, from June 7 to June 10, 2013.
Here's a rundown of some of the scheduled events:
Friday June 7th, 2013
Open house at Fire Stations 1, 2, 3, 5, and 6.
McAllen residents can drop by and visit their neighborhood fire station, between 4 and 8 pm.
Parade/Community Day at West Side Park
Saturday June 8th, 2013
Families are invited to a parade of fire trucks and to community day, beginning at 10 am.
-Auto Extrication demonstrations-Safety trailer-Games for Kids-Cook off featuring foods prepared by other RGV Fire Departments-Air Evac landing, and demonstration-Apparatus display
The Valley Land Fund is offering photography classes for kids ages 6-18 every Saturday this summer at Quinta Mazatlan starting on June 8th and ending on August 15th. Youth are invited to attend one or all of the two hour Saturday Workshops. Indoor classroom instruction will be followed by outdoor sessions on the trails. Workshops by Professional full-time photographer Ruth Hoyt, Photo Bound Tours.
Time: 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon (Ages 6-9 and 10-13)
2:00 p.m. to 4:00 pm (Ages 14-18)
Date: Saturdays in June and July
Fee: $5.00 per workshop
Equipment: Digital Cameras Provided
Reservation: Call Quinta Mazatlan at (956) 681-3370
Good ratio of instructors to youth (1:8), 25 students per workshop
June 8: Nature Photography Basics
Learn the basics of nature photography, from camera handling to creating a strong
composition, lighting, perspective and other technical aspects.
June 22: Photograph Waterscapes and Landscapes
Learn how to photograph waterscapes and landscapes.
July 6: Photograph Plants and Wildlife
Learn how to photograph a plant, critter or animal in the natural world.
July 20: Digital Art and Night Photography
Learn what you can do with the images you create, as well as how to discover, observe and
photograph in nighttime conditions.
July 27: How to Prepare Photos for the Photo Contest
Learn how to process and prepare your photos for entry in Contest.
July 31 Submission Deadline for Photographs
Deliver to participating sites by 5pm or upload online at www.valleylandfund.com
Submissions due July 31st, 2013. This is a classroom session with a computer,and participants are asked to bring photos they intend to enter in the photo contest.
August 15: AWARDS CEREMONY AT QUINTA MAZATLAN
Featuring the youth images on a large screen with music!
Bring the family for a fun evening starting at 7:00 pm, 600 Sunset Drive in McAllen
Sponsored by The Valley Land Fund through the generous support provided by the Robert L. Townsend Endowment Fund in association with Quinta Mazatlan,McAllen Parks and Recreation & BBVA Compass Foundation.
Ven y unete a los fans, las estrellas, los proveedores y los artistas que hacen que todo esto sea posible en este espectáculo que donde tendrán la oportunidad de conocer de cerca y personalmente a Chaske Spencer y Erik Odorm, las estrellas de Luna Nueva y la saga de CREPUSCULO!
Podras comprar artículos de colección y juguetes nuevos o clásicos películas de Ciencia Ficciòn como: La guerra de las galaxias, Viaje a las Estrellas,
Galactica, Aliens y figuras de acción de DC comics, Marvel y màs.
Habrà concurso de Disfraces!
Cuando: Abril 20 y 21 2013
Lugar: McAllen Convention Center
Exhibit Hall A
700 Convention Center Blvd.
The Valley Polo Club cordially invites the community to the First Annual Polo Extravaganza at Spring Fest Park on Sunday, April 14th. Gates open at 1:00pm with the main polo match beginning at 3:00pm. Spring Fest Park is located at 3199 S. 23rd Street in McAllen.
This event is free to the public and is to promote the game of polo in the Rio Grande Valley. There will be food and drinks available. Dress code is casual.
FOR MORE INFO VISIT: WWW.VALLEYPOLOCLUB.COM